An outdoor tankless gas water heater is a necessary item for homes, especially in winters. It’s a compact unit that heats the water within pipes and saves energy. When it comes to choosing a tankless water heater, the first thing you need to decide is the energy source: electric or gas. And the second choice is whether the unit should be indoor or outdoor.
Neither type is better than the other but there are some advantages of using an outdoor tankless gas water heater over the other. Let’s take a look at some of the options available on the web for the best outdoor tankless gas water heater and after that, we will take a quick look at the benefits of using one.
Table of Contents
Best Outdoor Tankless Gas Water Heater:
Amazon brings you some great options from the best selling and well-reputed brands in the industry of heating services. We will give you a brief review of some of the best-sellers:
Rinnai is a renowned brand in the industry of heating services. This particular model is V65eN that uses natural gas to heat the water within the pipes. With a capacity of about 6.5 GPM, you do not have to worry about cold showers or water scheduling anymore. The compact unit requires an outdoor installation that is easy and aesthetically good. You can even control the unit remotely with Control-R 2.0 mobile app. This app allows you to time the working and enable vacation mode while you are away.
- This current model is available with 6.5 GPM capacity, however you can choose higher capacities under the window.
- It uses natural gas to heat the water.
- The remote app allows to configure the timer and vacation mode.
- The unit is compact and easy to install.
- The product comes with residential factory warranty of 120 months for heat exchanger and 12 months of labour.
- You can easily get the parts exchanger as they are readily available in the market.
- The energy saving feature enables 40% less energy consumption.
Rheem is another popular brand for providing heating services. This particular model RTG-95XLN allows 9.5 GPM water heater capacity. This model uses natural gas as an energy resource to heat the water. Its capable of heating 9.5 gpm at 35 degree rise. A UMC-117 remote control allows configuration of this unit even when you are not close to the unit. This one is a Low Nox version.
- It uses natural gas.
- The capacity is 9.5 Gallons per Minute.
- Can heat upto 4 bathrooms at once.
- ENEGY STAR certified.
- Weighs just 54 pounds.
- 10 ft. thermostat wire comes with the unit.
- UMC-117 remote control.
Rinnai brings you another great outdoor tankless gas water heater that works with natural gas. You can choose the propane option as well within the same model.
This particular model is RL94eN that provides a capacity of 9.4 GPM. Its enough to heat water in about 6 showers at a time. The 9.4 GPM hot water flow rate varies with ground temperature. The Circ-Logic technology allows recirculation of water within the tank as per usage pattern.
- Rinnai heaters are capable of saving up to 40% energy.
- Compact design requires easy outdoor installation.
- Circ-Logic technology allows adapting the water circulation according to habits of usage.
- It provides a capacity of heating 9.4 GPM. ·
- The product comes with a residential factory warranty of 120 months for heat exchanger, 12 months labor and 60 months parts.
Takagi brings this great option for outdoor tankless gas water heater. It consumes natural gas to heat the water within the pipes. It has a capacity of heating up to 8 gallons per minute with 190,000 BTU. It’s a safe unit with no special ventilation required for working efficiently. It has two inlet and outlet thermistors that allow constant temperature monitoring. The built in freeze protection makes it safe to use outdoors with low maintenance.
- 190,000 BTU heat capacity with 8 GPM.
- Built in freeze protection allows low maintenance.
- Inlet and outlet thermistors allow constant temperature monitoring.
- Great customer service and repairs.
- The product comes with 5 year heat exchanger, 3 year parts and 1 year labor warranty.
- Easy electronic ignition that is safe.
Vevor brings you this amazing portable water heater that can be used indoor as well as outdoor. It has a premium steel frame that is rust free and fast to heat. It comes with three thermostats to control gas and water temperature for the required water temperature. Propane gas is the main energy resource used for heating the water that is totally enclosed in a combustion structure. The knobs allow to choose summer or winter feasible temperature. The package comes with 1 portable LPG hot water heater, 1 shower head kit and 1 English user manual.
- It can hold up to 6 litres of water to use instantly.
- This is a 12kW 6L per minute tankless water heater.
- The package comes with a shower head for portable use.
- The battery operated ignition makes it safe for use.
- The tree knobs allow summer/winter mode adjustment, water control and fire control.
- It has a built in timer and multiple safety features to configure.
- The unit is easy to install and also comes with a hanging option to use on camp sites.
Benefits of Using an Outdoor Tankless Gas Water Heater:
Lets observe some pros of using an outdoor tankless gas water heater to help you make a better choice while purchasing one:
1. Simple installation:
Installing an outdoor unit is simpler as it requires no major infrastructure change. You just have to mount the unit and connect the pipes to get it working. As compared to an indoor one, which requires allocating a special space, an outdoor tankless gas water heater makes the installation easy.
2. Fast and Inexpensive Installation:
Since no major change is required to allocate an outdoor tankless gas water heater, the installation is fast, easy and cheaper than the indoor one.
3. Longer Lifespan:
When an outdoor tankless gas water heater is installed properly with all the necessary protection from weather and rust, they last as long as the indoor units.
4. Better Ventilation:
You don’t have to worry about the outdoor gas water heater emitting gas. They can freely ventilate outdoor without requiring dedicated pipes to do so. As far they have good clearance space around them, you don’t have to worry about poor or polluting ventilation.
5. Finding a Place to Install:
Its easier to find a place to mount the unit of outdoor tankless gas water heater. An indoor unit requires allocating a special space for the unit that allows good pipe connections and aesthetics. In case of an outdoor one, you can find a suitable place with the water pipes.
6. Less Noise:
You don’t have to worry about the sounds produced by an outdoor tankless gas water heater, since the noise will diffuse in the outdoors.
Having learnt the pros of using an outdoor tankless gas water heater as compared to an indoor one, it’s easier to make the final choice. Consider the provided well reviewed products and make the right choice to solve your hot water worries.