With winters around the corner, your search for the perfect heating system has begun. You are short listing multiple heating options that will keep you warm even in the bathroom. Well, your search is about to end here because we bring you some great heated ceiling fans that can instantly heat up any corner.
A heated ceiling fan is a multipurpose invention that spreads the heat via a fan. Though they are most popularly used in bathrooms, they can be installed in any area of your home, which is not centrally heated. You have a study room in the attic or a working store in the basement, you can have this unit installed anywhere to feel warm in chilly weather.
Heated Ceiling fan for bathroom:
The most common use for a heated ceiling fan is in the bathroom. Modern heated fans provide multiple functions including exhaust fan, heat emission and even a ceiling light. If you don’t have a centrally heated bathroom, you can install a heated ceiling fan unit. After all who likes to sit on a cold toilet seat after waking up from a warm nap?
Table of Contents
How does a heated ceiling fan work?
There are two main mechanisms of heated ceiling units:
A heated ceiling fan has two main units; a heating element (mostly nu tone) and a fan. The heating element is a coil that lights and heats up using electricity. The heated coil dissipates heat, which is then spread around through the fan. The fan basically circulates warm air around the room making it warmer.
Infrared Heat Lamp:
An infrared heat lamp uses infrared light to emit heat. The heat isn’t dissipated evenly as a fan however; an infrared lamp makes the objects present in the room heat up.
Benefits of Using a Heated Ceiling Fan:
- A heated ceiling fan is an energy saver when it comes to comparison, you don’t have to turn the heating on for the whole home just to make your bathroom cosier. You just switch the ceiling fan on and voila, a warm bathroom seat.
- Since a heated ceiling fan unit is separate from any other machine, it provides complete control over the fan separately. It saves time by offering a mere turn on of the switch.
- The best option for a bathroom ceiling fan is to use it integrated with an exhaust fan. This way you are having complete bathroom necessities under one unit and switch. An exhaust will work to remove stale odour, keep the bathroom fresh, heat the surroundings, avoid rusting and prevent moisture build up.
Having reviewed the guide and benefits of having a heated ceiling fan around, let’s have a look at the brilliant options available in the market.
Best Heated Ceiling Fans:
Broan-Nutone is the pioneer brand offering some highly functional heaters. This particular model 665RP heater fan provides 3 in 1 functionality with built in light, heater fan and exhaust. You can either use all these features at once with a switch or can use them alternately.
It can provide optimal heat in a 65 sq. ft. room. The 1300 watt heating element allows instant heating that your central heating system is slow at. Bright 100 watt light provides ample view and 70 CFM ventilation is provided by the exhaust fan. Its easy to install via hanger bars that are adjustable from 16 to 24 inch. It requires 2 to 6 inch ceiling construction and the outer grill is white and cotemporary that will go about with any interior.
- One unit provides three features: heating, exhaust and light.
- The outer unit is decorative. The inner unit is concealed in the ceiling.
- The size is compact and can heat up to a 65 sq. ft. area easily.
- It doesn’t make much sound with 0 sones for effective operation.
- The offered dimensions are 7.9×5.6×14.6 inches.
- Its lightweight with 10 pounds.
This is another amazing model by Broan Nutone model no. 655. This model is better for bathroom ceilings. Its quitter as well since it features plastic grills instead of metallic ones. The grills are adjustable in terms of movable vents.
This model features an exhaust fan, a 1300 watt heater and a light. The outer design is white and will adjust to any interior. It can fit 2 by 6 inch ceiling construction and can work in a bathroom of about 65 sq. ft.
- Three functional units requiring 20 amp circuits for best performance.
- You can opt for an option with or without a heater.
- Type insulation Contact unit is installed in the ceiling but the outer only shows white grill.
- Two blower wheels each powered by its own permanently lubricated plug-in motor, quietly deliver high-efficiency performance.
- Since the outer body is plastic, there is no metallic clatter sound.
This is a basic option provided by Broan-Nutone that offers the necessary heater only. Its good for heating up a kitchen or bathroom with its enclosed sheath element. 1250 watt 120 volt energy is required for working. It gives the appearance of a regular ceiling fan with aluminium grill covering the fan from the outside.
Its great to put it in a corner of any room with a seating space beneath. You can even place it by a window in the ceiling to enjoy snowfall while staying warm. You can either turn the fan on for dissipated heat or can use the infrared radiation with the fan off.
- Mounts easily to any 3 and a half inch or 4 inch round ceiling. The octagonal ceiling electrical box provides a versatile choice for installation.
- You can pair it with Broan wall controls for efficient use.
- It bears a low profile appearance and basic look with being affordable.
- Minimum 15 amp circuit is required for operation.
Broan-Nutone brings another versatile product. This is an infrared heater with an exhaust fan. It provides two bulbs that emit infrared radiation. The exhaust fan is a part of the deal but can be used separately as well. This heater and fan combo is ideal for a bathroom without making much noise.
Its energy efficient using two 250 watt BR40 sized infrared bulbs. Since there is no fan required for dissipating the heat, the heater alone is noise proof. Type IC unit is installed within the ceiling exposing the white bulb part only.
- The unit features sturdy steel housing with adjustable mounting brackets.
- The heating bulbs are energy efficient as compared to other fan heaters.
- The blower wheels are quiet and highly efficient.
- This heater requires minimum construction space that is 2 by 8 inch.
- Housing Dimensions are 6-3/8″ Height; 8-3/8″ Width; 14-1/4″ Length.
This fan heater is presented by Panasonic. They provide two options; one with light and the other without it. Panasonic ventilation fans use heating element and a fan to dissipate the heat. The fan is so quiet at 0.6 sones. They are capable of using lesser energy and move larger volumes of air. The unit is designed to set a 4 inch duct. The air is heated well and reduces the moisture in the bathroom, improving its air quality.
- This product is ENERGY STAR certified and complies with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, California Title 24, Washington VIAQ codes and standards.
- It comes with a three year user warranty.
- The fan doesn’t make any noise.
- You can choose an option with or without light depending on your budget.
- Panasonic fans are engineered to perform beyond the minimum 0.1″ and 0.25″ static pressure benchmarks, despite complicated duct runs
- The ECM-motored fans provide powerful CFM output and overcome static pressure at the 0.375″ level more common on typical installations.
Broan Nutone brings another exciting product that is compact, single unit and aesthetically appealing. It provides three main features; exhaust fan, heater and a light. The unit bears a strong heating element at 1500W and 70 CFM ventilation fan capable of heating a room upto 65 sq. ft. The bright 100 watt light is clean and incandescent. The enamel grill at the outside is attractive aesthetically.
- Its super easy to install or replace.
- Four function wall switch is included so you have the right switch to control the right function.
- Two glares are available for the light to control ambience; 7 watt nightlight and 100 watt daylight.
- Electronically balanced centrifugal blower wheel forces heat evenly throughout the room. Automatic reset thermal protection.
- Weighing at 17 pounds, it is light and compact.
This model provides two modes of lighting to choose from; fluorescent and incandescent. HVI certified fan and 100 watt light function along 1500 watt heater to provide you a complete set of functions. The decorative white grill blends in the interior well. Its compact and fits a 2 by 6 ceiling and can heat up a 90 sq. ft. room. You can buy the multi function switches to choose between the functions.
- This heated ceiling fan works quietly at just 2.0 sone.
- Bright incandescent lighting, uses one 100-watt A19 bulb.
- The vents are directionally adjustable providing heat to the required area.
- It requires a 20 amp circuit to function well.
- The outer dimensions are 16×10.2×5.9 inches.
- Outer body and vents are plastic so don’t expect a metallic clatter.
After observing some great options for a heated ceiling fan, you can either opt an all in one heater with built in light and fan or go for a basic design. You no longer need to turn on the heating system of the entire home just to feel cosy in those places where central heating doesn’t work well. You can have heated dressers, attic, basement, study room and even bathrooms with this handy and compact heated ceiling fan.