The name “air mattress” makes you think of floating and sleeping on air, well this assumption is partly correct since an air mattress is an inflatable mattress that can be filled with air to provide you a surface area big enough to sleep on.
What is the best twin air mattress?
It is usually made of vinyl, plastic or rubber material that has an upper and bottom layer. The surface is deflated initially and can be literally blown to inflate a full fledged twin air mattress. This inflating and deflating feature makes it easy to store and use in case of emergency guest visit. However this is a popular choice for campers and those who are afraid of hotel bed bugs!
Moving on let’s take a look at some of the best air mattresses available to cater your requirements.
Table of Contents
Best Twin Air Mattress With Built in Electric Pump
A typical twin air mattress bears dimensions of 73 x 38 x 18 inches. A mattress with a built in pump allows a single toggle control switch to inflate or deflate the mattress. The pump comes installed inside the mattress, you just have to plug in the socket.
This basic twin sized mattress is perfect for entertaining guests occasionally. The surface is covered with non slip raised fabric to provide a comfortable feel.
Its available in Twin XL as well. This is an affordable and durable option for you to use at home.
Due to its need for electric socket and heavy packaging, it might not be a suitable option for camping. But its great quality ensures good use for home.
Things we like:
- Seller provides a 1-year warranty with great customer support.
- 15-gauge material and multi-layered top provides comfortable and non-slip upper surface whereas sure grip technology ensures grip at the bottom as well.
- The quick toggle mechanism allows easy inflation and deflation ensuring 3-minute inflation.
- Perfectly sized double height raised air bed provides plush comfort and reduces hardness of floor.
- Eco friendly PVC makes the surface durable and waterproof.
- It comes with a durable nylon carry bag.
This beautiful black colored option is presented by King Koil. It comes with a built in pillow that makes it unique than other options. The surface is fully flocked, which provides suede like raised surface for anti skid purposes. With Inflated Dimensions: 76″ x 38″ x 20″ this is a perfect twin size to entertain guests overnight.
Things we like:
- Seller offers King Koil a 1 year warranty and great customer support.
- The suede like flocked surface ensures comfort, anti skid surface and helps bedding stay in place.
- The surface is waterproof and easy to wipe.
- Coil beam construction and comfort quilt top provides extra spinal support.
- In case of any tear or cut, a patch kit comes with this mattress for emergency repairs.
- It completely fills in 90 seconds with a strong built in electric pump.
- It weighs about 16 pounds and is easy to carry along.
This black coloured mattress comes with a built in pillow and electric pump that inflates the whole surface within 3 minutes. It has a soft velvety top to provide soft feels and anti-skid surface. Being lightweight with only 10.6 pounds, this air mattress is convenient to carry. However, its thickness is just 16 inches.
Things we like:
- The head surface is raised with a built in pillow so that you don’t have to arrange a separate one.
- The upper layer is covered with raised microfiber fabric that allows comfort and soft feels.
- It comes with a smart carry bag to deflate and store.
- Its lightweight and allows easy mobility.
- Easy toggle switch allows quick inflation within just 3 minutes.
- The air mattress is constituted with thousands of polyester fibres that provide stability and spine contour support.
- Can bear a weight of about 300 pounds.
Twin Air Mattress With Portable Pump
Another type of air mattresses is with a separate portable external pump. These have a nozzle in the mattress that can be blown with the use of electric air pump. The air pump can be recharged using the provided switch and can be used to blow the mattress on the go.
These are perfect for camping since they are lightweight, easy to store and allow inflating without requiring an electric socket. Most of the options come with portable inflating set along with the mattress. However, you can buy a separate electric pump as well.
Air Expect Camping Mattress is a lightweight portable mattress with insulated layer. It comes with a portable electric pump that can be charged at home or in the car and can be used at the camping site to inflate the air mattress without having to compromise on comfort and sleep.
You don’t have to sleep on the humid wet floor anymore, this waterproof insulation will allow you to sleep dry and comfortable.
Things we like:
- The non toxic PVC allows dampness to stay beneath without transferring the moisture to the upper flocked surface.
- This air mattress is puncture proof with 0.45 mm extra thick layer.
- 32 internal coil system provides support to your back by adjusting the air pressure according to posture.
- It allows wireless recharge option at campsite with quick inflation within 90 seconds.
- The seller offers all day all night customer support and free returns with no questions asked.
- The upper layer is flocked for comfort and the lower layer is anti skid to allow the mattress stay in place.
This is another portable pump option that offers great camping comfort. The upper flocked layer and air coils make it soft and adaptable to the body. It is easy to inflate and deflate with 9 inches height. Its lightweight makes it highly portable and easy to store.
Things we like:
- It comes with two year warranty and waterproof insurance. The seller offers a 30 day money back guarantee in case of any issue.
- The strong pump allows inflation of the mattress fully under 60 seconds.
- Flocked upper surface and coil beams make it comfortable to sleep on.
- The strong pump is able to blow the mattress up within a minute and can be recharged using AC100/ 240 volts /DC.
- 9 inch height after inflation offers easy storage that can be wrapped within the given bag.
Presenting you a highly budgeted option for camping and guest entertaining needs. This portable air mattress is lightweight and easy to deflate. However this does not come with an electric pump. But don’t worry we will provide you some air pumps later in this article to solve this problem of yours. Now let’s take a look what this mattress by Intex has got to offer.
Things we like:
- This inflatable twin bed is made with fiber-tech construction that offers durability.
- Two in one valve features extra openings that ensure fast inflating and deflating.
- The inflated height is 20 inch which is an inch higher than the other options.
- It’s a compact and low profile air bed that allows ease of portability with the provided duffel bag.
- It can bear a weight of upto 600 pounds with its own weight being around 6 pounds.
Best Electric Pumps For Air Mattress:
Some electric pumps are available to let you inflate your air mattress. You always need a spare air pump in case you damage the already available one or your air mattress did not come with a built in electric air pump. A pump also comes handy while blowing a swimming pool or children safety tubes. Let’s take a look at the available options.
AGPtEK Portable Quick-Fill Air Pump is a powerful air pump that is portable and offers 3 different nozzles to adapt your required product. This Pump has the tendency to inflate as well as deflate a product.
- It can be recharged using a car adapter or any home electric socket that makes it ideal for indoor usage as well.
- It comes with three different sizes ; S,M,L nozzles that are suitable for regular air mattress, tubes or floaties.
- It is very simple to operate with 12 V DC and 110 V AC power supply. Just put the required nozzle in and switch it on.
- Its lightweight, portable and travel friendly.
- Power cord is 1.8 m long with 0.5 PSI. It comes with a car power adapter, home power adapter and a universal nozzle.
This is an affordable high quality electric pump to help you inflate air mattress, swimming tubes and floats. It’s capable of inflating and deflating products quickly.
- It includes multiple sized nozzles to adapt your requirement with dimensions 0. 27″/0. 35″/0. The 69 inch nozzle will fit many products.
- Can be recharged indoors using AC power outlet or a DC cigarette charging outlet as well.
- Its noise proof with high performance and less polluting.
- Great customer support offers easy contact and assistance.
- Weighs just 1.5 pounds and has an operation time of 30 minutes.
The evolution in manufacturing technology has enabled twin air mattresses to be categorised as permanent and temporary:
Twin Air Mattress Categories:
Also known as dial mattress or adjustable air mattress, these use air chambers to inflate rather than a typical coil foam system. They are adjustable according to need in the terms that you can customise air pressure in different components. You need a higher head raise, you can blow it more! It even allows the ease to customise it into two different halves for two people who require two different types of mattresses.
These are lighter and smaller comparatively. As the name implies they are suitable for short term use in camping or occasional guests. They don’t provide the same comfort as permanent ones however they are comfortable enough to let you rest on them for a night.
How wide is a twin air mattress:
A typical twin air mattress measures 38 x 74 inches. It is wide enough to accommodate a single person snugly. It’s neither too small to only fit a child nor too big to accommodate two people.
What is the average cost of a twin air mattress?
Depending upon the included functionality, a twin air mattress with built in electric pump will be more costly starting from $ 50 at minimum whereas a basic camping air mattress will cost less starting at minimum $ 25.
What to look for in a twin air mattress?
While looking for an air mattress, there are certain things that you should consider:
As discussed above, we need to be sure either we are going to be using the mattress for short term or long? A temporary air mattress is suitable in case of entertaining guests or camping, where as a permanent is better for nightly sleep or any medical reasons.
The inflated height of the mattress needs to be considered while making a purchase. The sellers do mention the height of the raised mattress when selling their product since its an important concern among consumers. A higher surface will provide more cushion than a smaller one. However the higher the mattress, the larger its fold will be upon deflating. If you plan on entertaining the elderly, its better to invest in a higher mattress.
3. Inflating time:
Most of the offered mattresses do mention their inflating time. A built in electric mattress is quicker to blow up than a manual one. More advanced options provide less inflating time.
The main material used for constructing the surface of mattress is an important concern as well. They are usually made of Poly Vinyl Chloride, rubber or urethane plastic. These materials provide the required elasticity and blow up well.
Another material concern comes while choosing the upper layer of mattress. Many high end mattresses come with a foam layer that doesn’t even require the use of an extra bed sheet to cover the plastic.
There are many inflating options available that provide ease of use. You can;
- Use an air compressor and put it in the hole.
- Use an air mattress with a built-in pump. Just press the on button and let the magic begin.
- Use an electric pump if you have access to an electric socket and let it do the inflation for you.
- If you are fixed on budget and don’t feel like investing in a pump, use life hacks like a hair dryer or garbage cans to do the blowing.
air mattresses come in the same sizes as regular mattresses. However a popular size is the twin one.
- A twin sized air mattress can accommodate 1 person with max capacity of 300 pounds.
- A full size mattress will accommodate two persons with 450 pounds.
- A queen sized mattress will accommodate two people with 600 pounds.
This handy guide provides you mattress as well as pumps that will suit your requirements, budget as well as functionality. We assure these products to be best sellers and worthy of your investment.