Once you have bought the mattress, the next main concern that arises is its proper storage and protection. A mattress is a big and chunky investment that requires great effort to move and store. That is when a mattress vacuum bag comes in handy.
You need a mattress cover for these basic reasons;
- Mattress protector for moving
- Mattress protector for storage
When you buy a fresh mattress it comes compressed and compact. That’s the way you want it to be while storing it for later use or while moving to a new place. But the problem is that how to make such a big size go back to that compressed one again. Keep scrolling to find the secret of fitting a large entity into a small packet! And some effective tips and tricks on finding some great mattress storage bags.
Mattress protector for storing:
You bought a new mattress and want to store an old one away for later use or you just winded up a bedroom to make space for the office and want to have that mattress preserved for good. The main concern here is how to store a mattress that will not take much space and at the same time stay intact for future use.
Vacuum storage bags for mattress:
Vacuum compression is the modern way of storing stuff. A vacuum bag will suck the air out of the mattress and shrink its size to about 50% in width. An inexpensive way to repack your mattress is using a vacuum bag to make it air less and compact. A vacuum bag has an air outlet seal where you can either use a home vacuum cleaner or a provided vacuum pump to suck the air out. You just have to put the mattress inside the vacuum bag and put the pump in the outlet to suck the air out.
Lets take a look at some of the options available online for vacuum sealing your mattress:
Table of Contents
Best Mattress Vacuum Bag
VacuFlat majorly solves the problem of storing and even moving a mattress with its amazing large sized bag that will fit even a California king mattress. The best way to move a mattress is to compress it to a fraction of its original size. It saves space, money and effort required to move a large entity.
The large sized bags come with a seal and a zipper that help to compress the air away as well as protect them from dust, moisture and mites. A vacuflat mattress is reusable when properly cared for.
- It’s big enough for a king or a California king mattress.
- You can use any home vacuum cleaner to suck the air out.
- The compressed surface remains air tight due to zip closure.
- The plastic used is durable and thick.
- You can even roll the compressed mattress and tie it to save even more space.
This vacuum storage bag is offered by LifeSmart. It is large enough to accommodate, queen sized mattress, toddler beds, mattress toppers and beddings. The versatile storage bags allow you to tri fold a twin mattress and store it for future use.
The bags are compatible with any vacuum cleaner. The airtight seal keeps them safe from dust and mites. The material used is durable and tear resistant.
- If you are not satisfied with their product, the seller offers a 30 day refund.
- The offered dimensions are 59×51 or 90×51 inches.
- The zip seal closure ensures protection and ease of seal.
- This mattress can be used with any vacuum cleaner at home. No extra nozzle or outlet is required.
This futon mattress sized plastic storage bag is offered by Towa and can be compressed to decrease volume. The set consists of two sheets that are large enough to accommodate twin sized mattress. It’s lightweight with 0.86 pounds. Comes with a slider and air suction outlet.
- Main material is polyethylene or nylon for valves and sliders.
- The offered dimensions are 51×39 inches per sheet.
- The petite dimensions of this mattress can be used to store pillows and cushions as well.
Mattress protector for moving:
While shifting to a new place, you might not need to put all the effort in compressing and then decompressing the mattress. A mattress cover with handles and easy gliding surface will just be perfect to offer a protection from dust and moisture while moving. The options below offer the ease to pack a mattress snugly and move it easily by holding with handles.
This movable mattress bag is being offered by Nordic Elk. They provide multiple sizes to fit your mattresses. It bears 8 handles at multiple sides to allow easy moving and handling. The mattress cover is reusable and even comes with a lifetime guarantee. The thick tarp material ensures durability and protection.
- The seller offers mattress sizes in King, Twin ,Twin XL, Full and Queen.
- High quality Tarp material is even more durable than the standard plastic ones.
- 8 carry friendly handles provide ease of moving and storage.
- The mattress is reusable and tear proof if handled with care.
Cresnel offers this mattress cover in multiple sizes. This highly reviewed mattress cover promises to deliver a plastic protection. It’s twice as strong as its competitors. The thick material makes it tear and puncture proof thus making it more durable.
Its capable of covering a mattress up to 14 inches thick. An additional offered length lets you fold and seal the flap for perfectly sealed protection. Its not completely transparent and provides enough privacy while moving in.
- Offered dimensions are 60x14x104 for a standard queen sized mattress however the extended flap closure can fit a larger variation as well.
- Its slightly shaded rather than being completely transparent which does not allow neighbours to view stains while moving in.
- Improved version includes no vent hole. This feature does not let any mould or mites to develop inside the packaging.
- The design is three dimensional that allows snug fit of the mattress.
Moving Host offers mattress bags in multiple sizes. It’s made with durable and thick plastic that offers protection from all dimensions. The bags are kept larger than the mattress itself so as to fold the excess and seal with a tape. The bag is water and dust proof. Seller offers one-year warranty to guarantee its functionality.
- Commercial grade thick plastic for efficient protection.
- Extra space for folding the extra bag as flap for closure.
- Bag provides protection from dust, mites and water.
- It weighs 2.6 pounds and fits in your budget.
The brand CalmNite offers this mattress cover in Full, King and Queen sizes. The plastic is durable and heavy duty to protect from tears. It doesnot bear any vent hole so mice and mites have no entrance. The surface is clear which makes your mattress easy to be identified. The size is kept larger than the mattress so as to provide a folding surface that can be sealed with duct tape.
- Its available in multiple large sizes.
- The plastic used is 4 mil thick durable and non recycled thus providing tear resistance.
- No vent holes provide protection from moisture, mice and mites.
Vacuum bags vs Regular plastic bags for mattress storage:
- A vacuum bag saves space through compression whereas a regular bag preserves the same dimensions.
- A mattress is hard to compress to fit in a vacuum bag whereas you just need to insert the mattress in a plastic bag and its stored.
- A vacuum bag saves shipping weight and cost through compression whereas a regular mattress bag is hefty to carry.
- A vacuum bag might distort shape if left stored for long time whereas a regular bag will retain the dimensions of the mattress as they were.
Depending upon your personal choice and mode of storage, you can select a vacuum mattress bag or a basic plastic storage bag for mattress. Both of the options are affordable and highly functional. Keeping your mattress covered and protected is going to help you in its maintenance long term. So investing in a mattress protector for storage is a cost effective option.