Magnetic therapy is one of the ancient modes of practice, primarily used in Chinese medicine. The effect of bio magnetic polarity on the human body is used to heal life long ailments and pains. People who believe in the power of magnets, search for the products offering bio magnetic enrichment. A magnetic mattress pad is a popular source of treating joint and back pain. The magnets are sewn and set inside it to provide you a comfortable sleep.
Your search for the best magnetic mattress pads ends here, because we bring you some great options to woo to pain away.
Table of Contents
Best Magnetic Mattress Pads
Promagnet is a USA based company that manufactures mattresses within the US. If you are planning to use the mattress within the US, you don’t have to worry about having the magnets set in the wrong orientation. Bio North will always be facing the body for proven results.
The pad contains powerful ceramic ferrite magnets. The mattress pad is quilted in damask bearing strategically placed magnets to alleviate your pains.
- It weighs 4 pounds with dimensions 36x24x1 inch.
- This particular travel pad is 1 inch thick, but the seller offers it in varying thickness and sizes as well.
- Ceramic ferrite magnets have a gauss rating of 3550-3950.
- Manufactured within the US makes the magnets align with north of the body.
- The pad features a non slide back which can be covered with a fitted sheet for optimal use.
The company Magnetico offers this sleeping mattress pad in single, double, king, California king and queen sizes. Place this pad beneath your mattress for optimal results.
The sleep pad should be facing upwards in order to achieve the perfect balance. The company magnetico manufactures the products within the US and it was established in 1990. So you don’t have to worry about the north alignment.
- It provides energy with pure negative magnetic field measuring 5 gauss for an 8 inch mattress.
- Ceramic Magnets used inside measure 700-3950 gauss.
- The mattress is offered in multiple standard sizes with 1.5 inch thickness.
- The customer reviews claim alleviation of pain and inflammation with its use.
This light and travel friendly product has brought to you by MTSS and can be used under your bed sheet. You can even use it as a throw while traveling or while sitting on a recliner.
Its stamp quilted and padded with biomagnets that affect the iron in your blood and make the circulation better.
- The pad is ¼ inch thick making it lightweight for on the go.
- Its stamp quilted and padded with nylon composition.
- The compact size is 23 inch wide and 35 inch long.
- The Ceramic magnets are used with 800 gauss surface strength.
Next on the list is this petite and functional magnetic pad for targeted pain relief. This pad has been offered by Serenity in a small size which can be placed directly in contact to skin, beneath the pillow or beneath your bedsheet. Made of polyester, it’s soft and skin friendly.
The quilted surface bears 32 magnets inside the surface. You can even use it on the go and put it behind your head while travelling in the car for neck pain alleviation.
- 32 magnets are strategically placed and sewn with north orientation for optimal results.
- The pad is 19x15x1 inches in size.
- The ceramic magnets offer 4000 gauss internal and 1100 gauss external rating with north negative polarity.
- In order to provide comfort, high quality polyester has been used.
Now that we have a choice for selecting the best available mattress pads, lets have a deeper insight to what exactly a magnetic mattress pad offers.
What is magnetic therapy?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a great believer in the power of magnets and has preserved this mode of healing for centuries. Even Cleopatra has been reported to sleep with a bipolar magnet on her forehead to promote youthful appearance.
Our body is made of atoms and ions that maintain a balance of energy throughout the body and this is the main theory behind this magnetic pad. If a certain body part is in pain, it means that it has an imbalance of energy at that spot.
It restores cellular magnetic balance and increases blood flow with better circulation. It is even believed to increase good hormone production to support healing.
Magnetic therapy for back pain:
One of the most popular purposes of using a magnetic mattress pad is its ability to heal spine problems. A bipolar magnet is believed to accelerate migration of calcium ions to heal bones and nerve tissues. The iron in blood responds to the biomagnets and increases circulation that prevents inflammation in joints.
Therefore, sleeping on a magnetic mattress pad is believed to be beneficial for the back and spine health.
An important aspect of biomagnet is the polarity. In traditional Chinese medicine, the north pole is believed to correspond to negative polarity or Yin whereas the South pole is believed to correspond to the positive Yang. Both these energies work together to create a balance in the body and promote health.
Benefits of magnetic mattress pad:
A stagnant biomagnet may be capable of:
- Pain relief in joints and spine.
- Better blood circulation.
- Improved sleep pattern.
- Quick infection healing.
- Strong bones due to calcium ion concentration.
- Recovery for arthritis
- Quick scar healing.
Side effects of a magnetic mattress pad:
- The working mechanism of a magnetic pad is subjective to the customer’s belief more than its logical working.
- The direction of placed magnets needs to be precise and facing North, else it can have adverse effects.
- Science doesn’t back the usage and effectiveness of this therapy.
What to search for in a magnetic mattress pad:
A magnetic mattress pad contains multiple biomagnets that are sewn and set inside a pad. The magnets are either quilted inside or the pads have special compartments to place the magnet.
The seller might mention the biomagnetic power used in the mattress. The measurement unit is gauss , the line of force per unit area of the pole. Manufacturers offer products as per following guideline of strength:
Low gauss (g) = 300 – 700 g
Medium gauss = 1000 – 2500 g
High gauss = 3000 – 6000 g
Super gauss = 7000 – 12000 g
Experts recommend starting off with a low gauss biomagnet and increasing the strength gradually. So if you are a beginner look for a magnetic pad that offers low strength.
Pads come in different sizes as well. Choose the one according to your bed size. However, a single person requires a single magnetic mattress pad. If you have an acute pain residing within a specific area only, you can invest in a small pad to target that painful zone. You can sit over that pad by placing it on a chair, in case you have a hip joint pain.
Verdict on magnetic therapy:
Though It’s not proved by science, traditional Chinese medicine backs the logical use of biomagnets for healing. The results may vary from person to person. Magnetic energy is a strong force and needs to be used with care. Experts do not recommend it to be used with infants and pregnant women. A bio magnet should not be put close to heat higher than 400-degree fahrenheit. A magnet should not be put close to gadgets and even people bearing alloy stunts and pacemakers.
The effects are more psychological than physical. If you have a firm belief on the power of bio magnet therapy, you will soon begin to observe results.