Preparing for a new comer in the family is exciting, but when it comes to preparing for a new born baby, a lot needs to be adjusted. You need to buy and set everything from scratch, and the primary entity that is essential is a crib with mattress.
Buying the perfect crib is not an easy decision. You need to set the whole nursery up with the perfect theme and perfect features. A crib should be durable, functional, soft, baby proof and the list goes on. When it comes to a newborn, it’s hard to decide on a crib that provides all the comfort and the safety a newborn requires.
We have researched thoroughly and put together a list of options that will provide all that you need in a baby crib with mattress included. Let’s have a brief insight to what a baby crib is supposed to deliver before looking into the available options?
Table of Contents
What to Look For in a Baby Crib?
Often when we go shopping for ourselves, we see something, it clicks aesthetically and we impulse buy it. But when it comes to buying something for our baby, we need to be very minute about the details. Other than aesthetics, baby’s safety is our primary concern. So the following aspects will let you be a better judge when it comes to buying a baby crib with mattress.
Bedding and mattress:
Modern cribs provide so much more than just a lying surface for a baby. While looking for a crib with a mattress, be sure to search for an adjustable mattress option. You don’t want to bend over too much while picking up the baby and when he grows up to be a toddler, you need to lower the mattress and put on the rails so that he does not topple over.
If a crib comes with a mattress included, it’s a great deal! Be sure that the mattress is comfortable and thick enough to provide comfort.
Design of the crib:
While planning the nursery, you might have set some color scheme in mind. With so many options readily available these days, you can get picky with your color and design options. Cribs come in multiple shades and designs. Choose the one that best goes with your theme. Then choose the design, whether it should be wooden or plastic. Should it have bars or a fabric mesh.
Size of the crib:
You might think that every crib has the same standard size. It’s partly true in terms of standard mattress size, but the evolution of manufacturing technology has brought about multiple mechanisms to even change the size of a crib. Modern cribs offer converting a baby crib into a toddler bed or a full size kid bed as well. Many even feature converting a crib into a playpen for toddlers. Depending on your budget, you can either go for a standard one or a convertible option.
Manufacturers are trying to provide convertible and customisable options to parents. You can even have a crib that comes with a built-in changing station, toy rack, music system and a rocker. You can mix and match multiple components to build a complete unit. However, don’t let these features woo you away from the main purpose. Look for what you need only.
The most important aspect while buying a crib is the safety it provides to a baby. The side rails should be adjustable so as to not let the baby fall out of it. The hardware used to assemble a crib must be hidden from a toddler’s reach. The mattress should be soft enough to provide comfort yet not too fluffy to choke. The paint medium used on a crib should be non-toxic and without any harsh chemical treatment.
Best Baby Cribs With Mattress Included:
Now that we know what to look for in a crib, let’s have a look at some amazing options handpicked to complement your needs.
Carters brings you a highly convertible option that is going to last you through the teenage of your child. Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pinewood and TSCA compliant, this crib shows off quality and safety. The paint used is non toxic and lead free. This GreenGuard Gold Certified crib is tested for chemicals and safety. It promises to bring you a healthier environment at home.
It features 4 adjustable positions for the mattress. You can raise it for newborn so that you don’t strain yourself from bending and can lower it as the baby grows up.
- Safety certified paint and material treatments.
- 4 mattress adjustable modes.
- Multiple color options to choose from.
- Basic rail design that is contemporary yet traditional.
- You can buy multiple compartments including changing table, dresser and toddler bed conversion kit.
- You can convert it into a daybed, toddler bed or even a kid sized bed after buying the complete set.
Ingenuity brings you this travel friendly crib that converts to a playpen upon need. It’s lightweight and portable. Two wheels are installed at the back for easy moving. The upper bassinet is removable and held together with clamps. You can remove these clamps to reveal a playpen for toddlers.
The whole set consists of a changing station, sleeping mattress, a bassinet and three storage baskets. All these components are compact as a unit and can be removed as per need.
- This crib can be folded to occupy a small space.
- The fabric is waterproof and easy to wipe in case of accidents.
- The side mesh walls are breathable and bump proof.
- It’s a highly portable option that can be moved with wheels.
- The different components are easy to attach and remove when needed.
- The bassinet and changing table are a part of the set.
This foldable crib is offered by Dream on Me with a crib and mattress set. The crib is portable and lightweight. Four wheels are present at the bottom for easy mobility. The patented rail system offers safety and locking mechanisms.
The rails let air flow easily through the walls. Its shiny surface is easy to clean and maintain. Complete crib can be folded to occupy a really small space.
- The crib comes with a vinyl standard sized mattress.
- Flammability Standard 16 CFR 1633 passed crib makes it lead and phthalate free.
- The seller offers a 30 day warranty.
- Lightweight design is portable.
- Crib is capable of folding completely as a stand.
BabyLetto presents this convertible crib with multiple features. It is certified with GreenGuard Gold certificate that assures that it is safe from harmful chemicals and toxins. Made with New Zealand pine wood, this crib is durable and highly functional. Four adjustable mattress positions are available to adapt as the baby grows.
With the complete set, this crib has the capability to transform into a toddler bed and a daybed. Under crib drawers are also available for storage options. It meets ASTM and US CPSC safety standards.
- Highly certified for safety.
- Free from toxins and harsh chemicals.
- The hardware is hidden; no nails or screws are kept bare.
- Drawers are available under the crib for storage.
- Mattress is adjustable to four different positions.
- Capable of converting into a day and toddler bed.
Delta Children offers this crib in multiple colors. The great part is that it comes with a mattress installed. This highly portable and lightweight option allows easy mobility. It folds flat for easy travel and storage. The mattress stores right while the crib is folded.
Mattress is adjustable up to two positions. You can secure your toddler from falling out by lowering the mattress position. It’s easy to assemble and provides a strong sturdy support with wooden construction. The crib is JPMA certified exceeding all safety standards. Lead and toxin free treatment secures your child.
- SIZE: 39 Inches W x 25 Inches D x 37.25 Inches Height.
- Two adjustable mattress positions.
- This crib passes all the Safety standards with no toxic materials put into use.
- A strong wooden frame provides the required strength.
- The crib is portable with wheels at four feet.
- It’s easy to fold the crib and store to occupy minimum space.
Another convertible crib with mattress is offered by DaVinci as Autumn Mini Crib. It’s available in three color options. A beautiful grey shade is perfectly gender neutral and new in the market. GreenGuard Gold certified crib provides safety from harsh chemicals and meets ASTM and US CPSC standards. The finishing is carried out in a non toxic multi step painting process that is lead and phthalate free.
It comes with a waterproof pad with four different adjustable positions for the mattress. The convertible option allows it to be a mini bed, twin sized bed, baby crib and a daybed.
- Highly certified and safe for babies.
- Multiple color options available.
- Capable of converting into four different sized beds.
- Four adjustable mattress positions.
- Non-toxic paint finish.
- Strong wooden frame and breathable rails.
Deciding on a crib for the baby is not an easy task. But after reviewing the essential parameters required for choosing a sleeping nest for your baby, makes it a bit easier. The above mentioned options provide a versatile choice for you to select a crib with mattress that suits your budget and space. You can either opt for a convertible option that adapts to your baby’s growth or go for a simple foldable option that is easy to store once the baby grows out of it.